WINTER 2018/2019 :
- 14/02/2019 - 28/04/2019 : guarded mountain hut open 7/7
- 29/04/2019 - 11/06/2019 : unguarded mountain hut during this period, open daily
On booking only here
SUMMER 2019 :
12/06/2019 - 28/09/2019
The mountain hut "Le col du Palet" and its couple of guards, Marion and Nicolas, welcomes you in the heart of an exceptional and wild site. Exceptional, because in this hut, you'll find yourselves perched at an altitude of 2 587 m in the borders of two major valleys of the National park of Vanoise (Rosuel and Glière) and in front of the peak of Savoie (La grande Casse, 3855 m of height). Wild, because the hut takes you in the heart of protected nature, kingdom of the ibex, chamois and the bearded vulture.
Overhanging a small altitude lake, the hut can be a restful stopover along your trek in Vanoise or the occasion to live in family a change of scene of a night spent in a mountain hut.
An idea for a 2 days hike via the mountain hut "Le Col du Palet" (and why not accompanied with a donkey for families) :
- From the parking of Rosuel, raise up the valley of Ponturin by following the GR 5 ( red and white tracking). Having left the mélézins trees, you will cross alpages inhabited of numerous marmots and crowds of horned animals, will overhang the lake of La Plagne before arriving at the mountain hut "Le col du Palet" (3 to 4 hours of walk; on 1030 m of positive drop).
- The return in valley the next day will make you cross three easy passes of more than 2600 m of height: Le col du Palet, Le col de la croix des Frêtes and le col de la Grassaz from where you will discover a magnificent panorama on the north face of the La Grande Casse. You can make a stopover for the high mountain pasture of the Plan du sel and discover the secrets of the manufacturing of Beaufort of high mountain pasture before getting back to the route from the day before (5 hours of walk; 360 m of positive drop and 1390 m of negative drop).
On the spot, we propose you:
· 47 sleepings around in dormitories equipped with braids and an area nearby for those who opt for bivouac.
· A catering service at noon and in the evening, favoring products " made at home" or from organic farms, as well as a picnic room.
- Pets :
- pets not allowed
- localisation, access :
- In the mountain, pedestrian access
- At the edge of the Vanoise National Park
- Equipment :
- Solar cell lighting
- Tents accepted, site payment
|Adult||21,00 €||55,00 €|
|Child - 8 yrs||10,00 €||20,00 €|
|Young (8 to 18 yrs) + student||10,00||37,50 €|
Tourist tax : 0.22€/pers./night
* Reduced rates are available only on presentation of suitable evidence.
** Diner, night and breakfast included.
Breakfast is offered for children between 9 and 12 yrs old with half board.
Drinks non included.
Any water provided during the winter, drinks menu at your disposal.
In noon as in the evening, think of booking.
Remember to book for lunch or dinner
Dinner: 24,00 € or Dinner with cheese fondue: 29 € (to order)
Breakfast: 10,00 € (at will, with jam and home made bread)
Picnic to take away : 10,50 € (sandwich with home made bread, salad, compote and biscuit)
A la carte menu for lunch: soup, stocked omelets, ravioles, tarts …
Sleeping bag : 3,50 € (usable several nights)
Price list summer 2019
Opening from 12/06 to the 28/09/2019A night/person : from 10 € to 21,00 €
Half board by person : from 20€ to 47€
+ Tourist tax: 0,22 € / person / overnight stay
- Breakfast: 10 € (all-you-can-eat breakfast, with jam and homemade bread)
- Picnic to take away : 10,50 € (Sandwich with homemade bread & salad, fruit and biscuit)
- A la carte menu at noon : soup house, omelets and topped pancakes, ravioles, tartes*
*indicative, depending on stock.
- Dinner: 20,00 € (Homemade Soup, meat-féculent-légumes, cheeses of Savoy, dessert)
Payment conditions: check - cash